My name is Louis Garmendia. I live in Greenville, SC. And I love chicken.

My love of chicken has taken my taste buds far and wide. And in an effort to expand my horizons a few years ago, I searched the Internet for something I figured would be plentiful and easy to find. But I was shocked and couldn’t find any blogs dedicated to the consumption of my feathered friend. I said to myself, “I’m gonna start a blog about chicken one day.” That day has come.

I feel that the consumption of chicken deserves a site like this. Though I am passionate about this topic, I feel I am in a small way doing a community service by creating an online chicken consumption community.

Surely I’m not the only person who has thoughts like the following, right?

• I think everybody imagines at one time or another what heaven must be like. For me, I know its a place that is still serving chicken sandwiches from Hardees the way they made them in the late 80’s to early 90’s in Charleston, SC — deliciously with thin skin breading seasoned just enough.
  • Similarly, what is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? I would make a very chicken-specific purchase (more on this in a later post)
  • Perhaps the most disappointing moment of my life is a chicken-related incident (more on this in a later post)

Chicken Statue in Lil Havana

Chicken…The breast I can put my hands on in public without getting an elbow to the ribs from my wife.

The mission of A Blog About Chicken is to serve as a national resource for opinions, dreams and consumption of chicken. I am not a master chef, so I will not be sharing too many secret recipes. But I will focus on chicken-related menu items that the everyday person can buy from restaurants, fast-food chains, and grocery stores. Although there are some wonderful local places to get chicken in Greenville, SC (which I may detail in a future post) I want this site to be as inclusive as possible so I will focus on what I believe to be regional and national brands. You will see future posts such as:

• Best Fried Chicken Sandwiches
  • Best Wings
  • Best Wing Sauce
  • Best Chicken Nuggets
  • Best Chicken Tenders
  • Best Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
  • Top 5 Chick-fil-A Menu Items (Yes, this place deserves its own list)
  • Coupons & National Promotions

In my wildest dreams, this blog would launch my career as a respected chicken critic, a beta-product taste tester, someone wooed by the big chicken chains, etc. That would be great. But that’s not why I’m doing this. I’m doing it for the love of chicken. If you are looking for future opinions on topics like those listed above, coupons & discounts, or you are just crazy like me, subscribe to my feed or leave a comment. Thank you, God Bless America, and may God Bless Chicken.

12 Comments

• CTibbs says:

Congrats on finally starting this! Man, I now wish I had a tasty Chicken, Egg and Cheese Bagel… sigh.

• Louis says:

Thanks Mr. Tibbles! I’m a little partial to chicken minis myself, but you can’t go wrong there.

• Matt Estrem says:

We at Resurrection Properties are proud to recognize ABlogAboutChicken as culturally necessary… to some. Today, we honor its creator with the following helpful chicken hint…
    Do you have a 5-year-old boy with his daddy’s metabolism who daily consumes nearly the same quantity of food as his mother… and does he often complain about unbearable hunger in bed at night AFTER his teeth have been brushed?
    Feed him leftover grilled chicken breast, cut into strips and presented in a small bowl! Chicken is not messy. It is pleasing to the palate, substatial enough in the stomach to satisfy, and lacks the natural sugars of many healthy snacks which might, over years of ravenous late-night hunger, cause cavities!
    **Final claim has not been evaluated by the food and drug administration**
    Good luck, Louis!
    P.S. You misspelled “buy” as b-u-t in the middle of the paragraph directly below the picture of you groping that helpless, inanimate poultry producer.

• Louis says:

Thanks for the endorsement and the child care tip Matt. You have now made this site multi-functional as it is also a replacement for Dr. Phil’s life advice. I also cleaned up the typo.

• Yvonne G says:

All those years of feeding you chicken helped you become who you are. We enjoyed our supper at Raising Cane’s tonight. What a great choice before I knew you launched this blog! Good job, Louis!

• Louis says:

Chicken karma no doubt!

• Ray smith says:

The genius of Louis continues. Stay thirsty my friend!

• Your Brother says:

A true chicken blog from a true chicken fan. I eagerly await your post on the Chick-Fil-A sandwich record (and my attempt to top it in the same venue years later).

• (Comment coming in a future post)

• Have you seen Dan? I heard he was here!!

• FirstMelaine says:

I have noticed you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got high quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra money, search for:
    Mrdalekjd methods for $$$